I was asked a very interesting interview question today.
Lets assume you have a single page application running on n users computers as a dashboard and you updated the application, how does all of the clients receive and manage the updated assets without incurring a browser refresh.
The first problem to figure out is how do I know the application was updated?
- Polling the entry bundle asset
- Polling the Index.html and comparing hashes/versions
- Polling some custom tiny server text doc
- Dashboard websocket contains the version
- On acquisition of new data it contains version
- We don't update until a